Wednesday 27 December 2017

Ganesha nameplaque- lost count :)

Heya folks,

How has everyone been?? Hope you have a great Christmas with friends and family.

Now coming to the project for today.
This was a name plaque I made for my senior in college. 
He wanted to gift something special for his fathers retirement. He chose the Ganesha nameplate. Though its been a long time since the ordered was delivered. I finally found the only pic I had clicked as this nameplate was an urgent order and was delivered in 2 days time. 

Thankyou Sivaji sir for the order. Hope it is well loved  This pic doesn't have the gold highlights that I usually put in as I had pulled in a all nighter to finish this one on time.


A little summary of the creation:
1) Mixed media techniques are used to make the background. Used elegant fronds stampset from justrite stamps and heat embossed partially with fine gold and violet embossing powders. Lindy's stamp gang sparys are used to introduce colours into the background. A script stamp is used which is stamped randomly.







2) The name's Anil and Sujatha printed and cut in cardstock and coloured. They were then outlined with teal and rose colour quilling strips respectively. The filling of the name's is again done using the crushed beehive technique. 

3) After which I went ahead with paper peicing and quilling the ganesha on a peice of vellum backed by a cardstock.
 4) once the ganesha was stuck in place. I pulled out my stash of flowers which includes both store bought ones and handmade ones. Also added in some metal embellsihments and laces to bring the whole scene together.

5) The whole finished project measures 18inches x 8.5 inches including the frame.  



3) After which I went ahead with paper peicing and quilling the ganesha on a peice of vellum backed by a cardstock.





 4) once the ganesha was stuck in place. I pulled out my stash of flowers which includes both store bought ones and handmade ones. Also added in some metal embellsihments and laces to bring the whole scene together.


5) The whole finished project measures 18 inches x 8.5 inches including the frame.  

So that was the project for today Hope you like it

Thanks for stopping by,

lots of love :)
Pratyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment