Saturday 13 August 2016

A CUSHION COVER MADE WITH IMAGE TRANSFER TECHNIQUES – DECOUPAGE SPECIALTY PAPERS

Hello Friends,
Pratyusha here with yet another project with Bob n Betty Decoupage Specialty papers.
Well, I got bored of using the papers same way!!! So I decided to give a trial run at using the gorgeous decoupage specialty papers for home décor purposes. Thus I came up with the idea of using it to make a cushion cover that could be utilized on day to day basis!!!
I am totally stoked by the gorgeous patterns that are being released in this Decoupage specialty papers series.
So here’s what I created!!!
PMV001
PMV003
Yup the trial did work out just perfect. Now this belongs to my mum as she is denying removing the cover and has been using it in our living room and flaunting it in front of everyone visiting our home. J
A little walkthrough about the procedure followed!!!
Like I did in my previous post where I transferred image onto a canvas cloth, this time I transferred the image onto a soft cloth following the same procedure stated before.
PMV002
After the transfer Is done onto the cloth. Cut out the cloth so that you get just the pattern out.
Next select a fabric that matches the color of the image transferred cloth and get down to the sewing machine to get the image transferred cloth attached to the fabric.
As you know that I have basic sewing skills so I took help from my mum to make the cushion cover. This is a simple envelope cover for which tutorials are freely available online!!
And this is how the charming cushion is adding spark to my living room.
PMV004
Hope you all like the project🙂
Hugs..
Pratyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment