Sunday 1 November 2015

Mixed media nameplaque- Trishala

Heya folks,
Its 1st of november and at Indian craft room we are  back with another challenge. And from this time on, its gonna be a month long challenge!!!
This moth is a flavour board challenge. its time for ICRCPREWIN01 Coasteride!!!





I love the flavour board coz the way each person interprets it, is going to be different and it will be quite interesting to see what you all will come up with...


Now for my creation. I made a nameplaque. I have really come a long way in my procedure of making my nameplaques. I am really happy with the way my new techniques that I am picking up are shaping out as a overall product!!!

I should also thank my customers who put in their immense trust in me to make something special each time. Thanks to Carolyn Daniel for this order.

This nameplaque is my 2nd full fledged mixed media nameplque. I am quite happy with the results.

Here's a brief procedure review- The base of the nameplaque is a thick cardstock. I applied 2 coasts of gesso to it. Added textures using various templates from Crafters Workshop. the textures were added randomly. I then played around with Viva decor inka gold colours and Tim holtz distress paints to create the background.



Once I was satisfied with the background. I got down to quilling.

Flavour board Inspirations taken: Colour pallette, flowers, quilling, textures, butterflies





Here's the completed project!!!


Hope this post inspires you to play along with us in this challenge.

Materials used-
1) Thick cardstock
2) Gesso and quilling strips from Itsy bitsy
3)Crafters workshop templates- Harlequin and Art is
4) Viva decor Inka gold- purple, lilac, pink and rose pink
5) Tim holtz distress paint- spiced marmalade- from thecraftshop.in
6) mulberry flowers from various sources

So that's all from me now... We have a 500 Rs gift voucher waiting for the artist who blows our mind away with their creation keeping the flavour board in mind. 

http://indianstampers.ning.com/group/icrchallenges/forum/topics/icrcprewin01-flavour-board-challenge

Do drop by to have some fun along with us at ICR as we have some really cool stuff planned ahead.
Thanks a lot for stopping by,

Lots of hugs
Pratyusha


5 comments: